What is an ERA Home Protection Plan®?
Our home protection plan is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of many of the most frequently occurring breakdowns of home system components and appliances. It lets homeowners know they're okay if something goes wrong with a covered item. Home protection plans can cover a wide variety of properties, including single family homes, new construction homes, condos, vacation homes, townhouses, foreclosure properties and multi-unit properties such as duplex/triplex/fourplex.
Why Do You Need a Home Protection Plan?
Besides helping to take the worry out of purchasing a home with older systems and/or appliances, a home protection plan helps guard against potentially high costs of repairing or replacing items in case of a breakdown. Unexpected repairs can be expensive for most families. A home protection plan can help guard against some of the unexpected costs of home ownership.
How Does Our Home Protection Plan Work?
When a covered item breaks down, customers can request service online at ahs.com or by calling 866.777.9383 to speak with a trained customer service representative. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to accept your service requests. After a service request is received, one of our approved contractors will contact the customer to schedule a time to diagnose the problem. A Trade Service Call Fee is the amount due when a service contractor visits a home. Each type of breakdown falls into a trade category. For example, a leaky pipe qualifies as a plumbing breakdown, while a broken dishwasher is an appliance breakdown. Once repair or replacement is complete, and if we have your proper email address on file, we will send a follow-up survey to measure your satisfaction regarding the service performed.
Who Does This Plan Benefit?
An ERA Home Protection Plan® can help:
- Adds value to listings and may help homes sell faster
- Improves marketability of homes
- Distinguishes listings from others on the market
- Boosts buyer confidence
- Protects the covered system components and appliances
- Removes worry about costly, covered repairs
- Provides relief from unexpected, covered breakdowns
- Brings a timely repair process on covered items
- Gives access to the American Home Shield network of qualified contractors
- Makes requesting service easy either online or over the phone - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year